Hi, this is Anjum Khanna and today I am here to give an insight on the new technology named as chatbot or talk bot, chatterbot, Bot, IM bot, interactive agent, or Artificial Conversational Entity.
As a business advisor me, Anjum Khanna has seen many revolutions in the service industry but chatbot is an innovation which has clearly changed many scenarios. For businesses, it is mandatory to solve all the queries and problems of the customers on the real-time basis to ensure consumer delight along with the brand establishment. So as history shows that whenever excellence is required human as always approached machine and this time also we have found the solution with machines only.
Let me, Anjum Khanna speak in my words that what I understand with chatbot in simple words. So it’s a chatbox which appears in front of the consumer and conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. These programs are designed in such a manner that they respond as a human would respond to chat. In Ajum Khanna’s words, we can also say that the person on the other side don’t even feel that he/she is talking to the machine, not with a human being. Chatbots are typically used in dialog systems for various practical purposes including customer service or information acquisition. Some chatterbots use sophisticated natural language processing systems, but many simpler systems scan for keywords within the input, then pull a reply with the most matching keywords, or the most similar wording pattern, from a database.
One more easy definition by Anjum Khanna is, chatbots can understand written and spoken text, and interpret its meaning after that bot can then look up relevant information and deliver it to the user in the fastest possible manner.
So again a simple differentiation in two technologies by Anjum Khanna is
- Command based chatbots
- AI-based chatbots
Command based chatbots are the initial version of chatbots. It works on a databank which is loaded for replies and heuristics. The bots reply by selecting an answer that matches the context of a query. Hence these chatbots have limitations that they cannot create new texts.
As these chatbots are based on defined databases so these can only answer a limited set of questions. The bot will require manual help for atypical questions.
To answer a question, the chatbot has to understand it first. Command based chatbots use template search or dynamic search for understanding and answering questions. And after the search completes these chatbots revert to the customer is a defined manner.
AI-based Chatbots, as the name speaks these are intelligent chatbots. These chatbots can answer any kind of questions. So you do not have to be specific when asking questions about these chatbots. The chatbots create replies from scratch using natural language processing. These chatbots learn from past questions and answers and become smarter with every day passed.
Both categories have their own pros and cons. Command based chatbots can give more reliable and grammatically correct answers but fail to respond to questions which are outside their knowledge base. On the other hand, machine learning chatbots need a vast amount of learning data and can struggle to form longer sentences.
There are many reasons which show the importance of chatbots but here Anjum Khanna has listed few the most significant reasons to have chatbot:-
- Scale up in any business which is related to service industry this is basic tool these days. As a primary difference, an agent can handle one or two queries at a time but chatbot can handle any no of queries at any given point of time.
- Handling a lot of queries is a basic feature of chatbot. So in a way, it reduces the load of the customer care team and handles queries efficiently.
- The range of products is also not an issue with chatbots as these are designed to handle a range of similar products. This helps the customer to reach on the best suitable product.
- The chatbot is replacing phone calls in the customer service industry as people prefer to chat instead of phone calls. Hence this is an efficient replacement of phone calls.
- The marketing campaign is also an area where chatbots have shown their perfection. As these can be designed in a way that it can market different products after taking the input of the costumer’s need.
- Organisational efficiency is also a primary benefit of chatbot. As this product reduces manpower cost and eliminates human errors so this enhances organizational efficiency multiple times.
These advantages are the basic ones. In Anjum Khanna’s view, there are countless benefits of this product.
Now we need to move our conversation towards some practical difficulties that you can face while choosing chatbots. So here comes Anjum Khanna’s view on this also:-
- The whole idea behind getting a chatbot is personalization as chatbot is replacing a human being. So welcome screen should tell the user about features of your bot. What will be more personalize than a user is greeted by his or her name on the welcome screen?
- Another thing that users notice is the design of your bot. If you want your user to trust Chabot it should be designed smartly.
- Use proper text formatting, high-quality links and high-resolution pictures in your bot replies.
- Thumb rule of the service industry is to ask lesser time for information. Ask users for all the information you require, upfront, instead of asking repeat questions.
- Linking your chatbot with an NLP library can help in minimizing grammatical errors.
Concluding thoughts on chatbot by Anjum Khanna:-
Automation is entering in our lives with very fast speed and fast change in technology is responsible for this, and its proven examples are the development of smart cities, smart homes, automated workspaces or technologies like smartphones and digital personal assistants. With every new development, we are moving a step closer to a more connected and digital future. So Anjum Khanna’s opinion is that the chatbot technology is still in its initial stage. We are only scratching the surface of what a chatbot-enabled future may look like. Future of this technology will be unfolded soon and that will make the world a big surprise.
So this is very clear now that chatbots are here to stay, and their development will impact both businesses as well as consumers in a positive sense. The present implementation of chatbots in the customer service industry offers businesses a doorway to understanding the future uses of chatbots for different aspects of business operations. Moreover, it is only through trial can we discover innovative ways of implementing this technology further. For consumers, this is an interactive medium to chat and resolve their queries without wasting their time.
If you are a small or medium business owner who wants to expand his/her business online, then chatbots can play a significant role in your success story. Chatbots can deliver the two essential requirements for any online business today – quality products and market presence. With the chatbot business solution, you can use smart AI technologies to keep your customers engaged in meaningful business to business conversations. This will enhance your knowledge base and help you in developing better products for your clients.
Furthermore, you will be able to offer a quicker and more accurate support service to customers, enhancing your brand’s reputation.
Soon enough, every brand will compulsorily have a bot channel of its own. Chatbots are expected to become as common as business cards, and with increasingly intelligent AIs, they will eliminate human presence. We are once again moving towards a more conversational way of doing things, as was the case before technology hit our shores. Lastly and most importantly, as an early adopter, you will benefit more from the future advances in chatbot technology.
So in this blog I, Anjum Khanna has spoken about the development of chatbots and their importance in the service industry. I have also given an insight into what the future can be of chatbots.
Click to download the Anjum Khanna’s Blog PFD: Chatbots
If you wish to know more about me then please contact me at E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; +91-9620922244(Mobile)